Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default GIVE ... ME ... A ... BREAK

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:17:48 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
.. .
snippage

Why are you so darned sensible and in touch with the real world? Is it
that
you're secretly Canadian or some other brand of European or Commie? BEG

Sensible Canadians? Have you ever watched them eat Québécois poutine? If
that doesn't disgust you...well, you might be a Brit. g

Hang onto your haggis, friends. Dem keebeckers found a new one!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

There are caveats on that deficit business. We actually have a worse problem
with personal debt; if you look at the numbers, our deficit numbers actually
are not all that high as a percentage of GDP, compared to those of several
European countries that actually are running higher. But we're running a
horrible trade deficit to go with it, and the budget deficit is becoming
institutionalized. That's the pattern that has to be broken.

Correction: That's merely one of the patterns which has to be broken.

--
Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom.
--Chinese Proverb