Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default GIVE ... ME ... A ... BREAK

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 01:46:37 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
Rand quickly quoth:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:07:01 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
allowed that:

snippage

Our problem is debt, not taxes. And, from Ronnie Reagan to the Shrub, our
supposedly "conservative" Republicans have had us living on a big credit
card in the sky. That has to stop, and right now. McCain won't stop it.
He'll continue the deficit spending that has us in this big black hole,
given half a chance, because he'll do everything he can to continue Bush's
tax policies -- mostly for the wealthy. That's one of my big worries about
McCain. I like the man, but he's married to some profoundly stupid and
destructive economic doctrines.

Why are you so darned sensible and in touch with the real world? Is it that
you're secretly Canadian or some other brand of European or Commie? BEG

Yeah, Mark. Your tax dollars go to putting pads on telephone and light
poles so your citizens aren't knocked unconscious (or have their teeth
knocked out) while wandering aimlessly down the sidewalk entranced in
their Gameboy or cell phone.

Tell us about sensibilities!

--
Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom.
--Chinese Proverb