Edwin Pawlowski

Default Question about remote for dust collector

"Dale" wrote in message

to upgrade I'm stuck with 15. I have two questions for you
electrically adept people. Question 1- The Penn State catalog lists
the "capacity" of the DC-2 at 17 amps but then says that running
amperage will be significantly less. Am I going to have problems with
breakers tripping by running this on my 15 amp circuit?

Mine is on a 15A, never a problem.

Question 2-
I'm looking at running the DC on some kind of remote and Home Depot in
my area has a Heath/Zenith Indoor/Outdoor remote light control, model
#SL-6139-C that is listed for 13 amp resistive according to the
package. Will this unit be able to handle the DC-2 or is this a
hazardous situation? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have no idea, but it was designed for lighting, may not handle a motor
load well. . I do have the Long Ranger and it works just fine. Very handy
to have. It was about $50
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome