Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Akai Analog TV - Problem with Remote

On Jun 25, 3:01*am, "Robert" wrote:
I have an Akai TV (Model CT-2167AT) which I've had for 11 years.

It's still
working 100% and I want to keep using it as I'm happy with it -

furthermore
it was a gift from my parents. The only problem I have is that some

buttons
on the remote are no longer working, and I'm pretty certain it

can't be
properly fixed.

I've had it fixed one time in the past and it didn't work for long
afterwards. I could cope without the remote but the buttons on the

TV are so
small that it's just to difficult to operate it without the remote.

I tried
a couple of universal remotes but they didn't work. Can anybody

suggest
something to fix this problem without changing the TV.

Regards - Paul

I've had 2 Sony remotes dis-assembled in the past 6 weeks which had G-
d knows WHAT previously edible crap inside. I cleaned it all out with
soap and water, dried it thouroughly in a food dehydrator and both
work just fine again. I don't know what the wet slimy stuff was in
there or how it got _under_ the rubber sheet with the carbon pellets.