Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On 2008-06-27 20:40:30 +0100, Roland Perry said:

In message 4863f829@qaanaaq, at 21:12:25 on Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Andy
Hall remarked:
The only whinging I hear, here, is that NHS dentists are underpaid.
So what would you propose?
- Pay them more
- Persuade them to work for less
- Get out of the business
Point out they can make a decent living at it, if they want to.

Except that they can't, or they would.

Only if their expectations are too high.

This makes no sense. Are you sure that you don't really mean that
you don't see why they should make more than you do?

So now you're presuming to know what people really meant to say. There
certainly seems to be no end to your talents.

No, I'm simply asking a question. So far there hasn't been a
rational explanation as to why dentists should run at a loss, only that
it's supposed not to be acceptable for them to have a reasonable house
and car.

I can understand it if people feel that someone with whom they do
business and has a better financial position than they do is ripping
them off. That's a natural human reaction, but let's at least be
open about it.