Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On 2008-06-27 15:56:28 +0100, stuart noble said:

I disagree. The individual is responsible for their own healthcare
and should be minimising chance factors by checking out their ailments,
treatments, practitioners and facilities.

Not something sick people may feel like doing. Great for hypochondriacs though.

The first comment is reasonable, the second stupid.

It was why I made the point that information should be sought to
whatever degree the individual and the people around them can achieve.
Unfortunately not everybody is articulate enough, or as you say be
well enough, to research and make their final decisions. However,
this does not mean that people should just sit back and accept all that
the first doctor they see says to them without question.

Doctors are at best professional advisors.

Nice that they can play a minor part in Superman's decision making though

Only a fool allows the doctor to be the decision maker without doing
further checking themselves.