Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Tim Smith Tim Smith is offline

Default Target unit pricing - Here's the real point

In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:
Sadly, all too many businesses now have "no photography" rules.
Thankfully, I don't notice supermarkets stooping so low yet. I just wish
that our politicians were not elected so much on basis campaign budgets
funded by them selling themselves to those buying them.
But now that many cellphones have cameras and photo transmission means
and there are also many othervery miniature cameras available, I suspect
that if Aericans cared enough to be *capable* freedom loving outlaws that
they were back in Phobition days, we *should be able to* fight against
BS marketing practices even if our elected officials are not on our side,
and even where the news media is too badly fluff supposedly being on our
side while actually avoiding doing so (in order to keep getting ad revenue
from those that deserve to be exposed).

I don't think a store would dare try to ban cellphones, so the hell with
"no photography" rules.

Consider this situation. You want to by an item. You want to buy it
locally, because you want it *now*. But you have no particular
preference going in as to brand, or where you want to buy it. So, you
want to do a little research, then go buy one.

Here's one approach. Go the websites of your local retailers (Target,
Sears, Walmart, Bestbuy, and so on), and find their offerings. Google
some of the more interesting ones, then see what store has the best
price, and go buy it. Oops...the store is out of stock of that
model...now what has that second choice again...?

OK, approach #2. While at the "retailer website" stage, check to see
which models are in stock at your local store, so you can limit yourself
to them. Problem: some stores don't show local stock. Problem: even if
the website lets you look up stock information, they may have vastly
more items available online than your local store stocks, so it can be
very time consuming to find them.

Finally, the approach I'm using next time. Go to each store. Find the
items they have in stock. Take photos. Go home, load photos onto
computer, and view them, to find the makes, model numbers, and prices.
Research those online specifically, not wasting my time with all the
ones the store does NOT have in stock. Pick one, and go buy it.

--
--Tim Smith