CW

Default Electric sparks generated by my new cordless drill

All DC motors spark as the brushes make and break contact. Yes, this is
normal. BTW, it doesn't have a "reverse gear". The motor reverses.
"Data Man" wrote in message
om...
I bought a new 18v cordless drill (craftsman) from sears, and I
happened to test it in a dark room. I found a mass of electric sparks
gernerated inside the drill every time I run it. I could see the
electric sparks through its air vents, and the obvious electirc sparks
even illuminated the nearby stuff when I put in the reverse gear, no
kidding, it looked like a small bulb was installed there.

Could anybody here please tell me if that was normal for a cordless
drill? The electirc sparks really scared me, they could make a big
problem in some circumstances.

Thanks.