Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] upand_at_them@yahoo.com is offline

Default Multiple lights, same circuit

Okay, I'm sure this is not uncommon, but I can't find anything online
or in my wiring books to provide an example...

In my front entry I have 5 light switches in one box and they're all
on the same circuit. One cable coming in from the service panel
provides the power. I'm replacing the switch, the box, and probably
the wiring, so I want to do this the proper way.

It seems odd that six wires (one from each light plus the power wire)
get tied together in one wire nut. Right now they're soldered
together (50+ year-old house), but I know that this isn't code. What
would be the proper way?...Two groups of three linked by a heavier
gauge wire?

So I guess the question is: How do you connect 5 or more wires
together?

Mike