Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5355 Ignoramus5355 is offline

Default Is this lathe a good restoration candidate?

On 2008-06-27, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus5355 wrote:

Someone wants to sell it, supposedly a 12x48 Clausing. Looks a little
too rusted to my taste.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Clausing-Lathe/

Has anyone ever restored lathes in similar condition, how much time
did it take?

Considering your activities on ebay, I would think that if this isn't something that works
for you, that you could part it out and sell the pieces.

I guess the price is the issue. What does she want?

I bought the lathe, all details, pictures and price are in my other
post about it, scary stuff

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/