Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Target unit pricing - Here's the real point

In ,
sarge137 wrote:

On Jun 27, 3:40*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:

* This sort of BS is one of the reasons why people demand politicians
passing laws telling business operators how to run their businesses. *If
businesses (more like the notably verminous subset thereof; there are
plenty of upright and benevolent businesses) did better at playing fair
and doing the right thing, then some lawyers would have to find other
lines of work and the news media would need to become a little less like
vermin than they are now in order to justify their (now very necessary)
existence on serving public good.

*- Don Klipstein )

Absolutely right, Don. I'm the kind of guy who, if I saw an apparent
difference in the size and/or price to actually look at the unit price
label, would have the manager of that store standing in front of that
product and ask him/her just exactly how I'm supposed to to do a
proper price comparison. I'd also ask if they wanted to keep my
business, and what the consumer reporter at the local TV station would
think of the practice. Somebody's gotta do it. :-)

More power to you!

Next time I see BS as blatent as the more blatant that I have seen, I
will see if the consumer reporters at any of my local news stations are
interested!

Sadly, all too many businesses now have "no photography" rules.
Thankfully, I don't notice supermarkets stooping so low yet. I just wish
that our politicians were not elected so much on basis campaign budgets
funded by them selling themselves to those buying them.
But now that many cellphones have cameras and photo transmission means
and there are also many othervery miniature cameras available, I suspect
that if Aericans cared enough to be *capable* freedom loving outlaws that
they were back in Phobition days, we *should be able to* fight against
BS marketing practices even if our elected officials are not on our side,
and even where the news media is too badly fluff supposedly being on our
side while actually avoiding doing so (in order to keep getting ad revenue
from those that deserve to be exposed).

- Don Klipstein )