Dale

Default Question about remote for dust collector

Right now I'm in the stage of researching the components for a dust
collection system for my small shop. I think I've decided on the Penn
State DC-2 1 1/2 HP collector with 1 micron bags which is on sale
right now for $249 plus $44 shipping. I'm going to add a garbage can
cyclone unit. The DC will be used with only one tool running at a
time. I've got separate 20 Amp circuits for my tools-table saw,
thickness planer, miter saw, jointer, etc. and a dedicated 15 amp
circuit for my DC. I was hoping to have a 20 amp dedicated for the DC
but because of some existing 14 AWG wire that would be very difficult
to upgrade I'm stuck with 15. I have two questions for you
electrically adept people. Question 1- The Penn State catalog lists
the "capacity" of the DC-2 at 17 amps but then says that running
amperage will be significantly less. Am I going to have problems with
breakers tripping by running this on my 15 amp circuit? Question 2-
I'm looking at running the DC on some kind of remote and Home Depot in
my area has a Heath/Zenith Indoor/Outdoor remote light control, model
#SL-6139-C that is listed for 13 amp resistive according to the
package. Will this unit be able to handle the DC-2 or is this a
hazardous situation? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dale