Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default OT-143 days

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:17:21 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Ned
Simmons quickly quoth:

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:15:46 -0500, RB wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
How many days did Ronald Reagan serve in national office, either in the
Senate or the Post Office, before becoming president? I'd ask the same about
George Bush, but that wouldn't make the point. d8-). How about Eisenhower?
I would consider military service a good qualifier.

Like Grant?

I don't know about Reagan, but at least he was employed in the private
sector. i.e earned an honest living

OK, I nominate Jack Nicholson for president, Christopher Walken as VP.
(Too bad Marlon Brando is dead, he'd make a dandy Secretary of State.)

I nominate Stallone (in 'Rambo' mode) for SecDef and Richard Marcinko
for Czar of the Department of Homeland Security. Then we wouldn't need
a war. It'd all be black ops (for a million times less money), it'd be
all over and done in a month, and we could then start paying down the
deficit.

Don't laugh too hard. We made the most progress in Afghanistan when the
Army Special forces and the CIA were working with the Afghan Northern
Army (?). They basically had the war won with a few hundred pairs of
boots backed up by air and logistics, using Afghans to do their own
dirty work. Then we brought in NATO and regular troops, and progress
slowed.