Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default OT-143 days

Ed Huntress wrote:
"RB" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"RB" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
"Wes" wrote in message
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

Do I have this straight?

His father was a black African Muslim from Kenya.
[snip]

Wow. Is this your writing? Nice set of talking points either way.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Nope, somebody sent it to me but, although it's not flattering to
Obama, it shows some points of consideration, most of which is
irrefutable. And, like Gunner points out, is 143 days as a Senator
enough experience to lead the country? He's an empty suit.
How many days did Ronald Reagan serve in national office, either in the
Senate or the Post Office, before becoming president? I'd ask the same
about George Bush, but that wouldn't make the point. d8-). How about
Eisenhower?
I would consider military service a good qualifier.
I wouldn't. It has nothing to do with governing a democratic state. If
anything, it's counterproductive. See Grant, Ulysses S., or Jackson,
Andrew. g

I didn't say it was the ONLY qualifier, but it's a good start.

I don't know about Reagan, but at least he was employed in the private
sector. i.e earned an honest living
So did Obama. The claim that he wasn't employed in the private sector is
only made by people so blindingly biased that they won't even read his
biography.

Community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney, taught law.
None of these involved executive skills.

Let's see. Barack Obama, employment in the private sector: Business
International Corp.; attorney at Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland; founder
and chairman of the board of Chicago Annenberg Challenge; board member of
several other philanthropic and civil rights organizations.

John McCain, employment in the private sector: One year working for his
wife's father's Budweiser distributorship.

Sheesh...

Come one, Ed, you of all people I would expect to be evenhanded here.
How can you possibly think that is an equitable portrayal of their
respective resumes? I have no love lost for McCain, but his resume is
about as impressive as any candidate for the office in my lifetime. The
closest comparable resume is JFK, except McCain has a couple decades
more experience.
OTOH, Obama's is the weakest. I am just amazed he has gotten as far
as he has. I think it's a sad reflection on the American electorate -or
perhaps the public education system.

You sure don't sound very centrist here.
I suspect you are more like the rest of us, in that no matter where your
views fall in the political spectrum, you see yourself as centrist.