Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

In message , at 23:22:11 on Thu, 26 Jun
2008, geoff remarked:
I'm on my way back from a week-long meeting where one of the hot
topics was how to make "remote participation" in that meeting better,
and how to conduct better teleconferences and so on in between
meetings. It is an entirely non-trivial task, and has defeated many
attempts. One of the most difficult problems is providing translation
into six(ish) languages on a teleconference. If you have any bright
ideas, I know some people who are going out to tender with big bucks
to try to solve this.

Flying to meetings is often extremely necessary when someone else is
ultimately footing the bill, it becomes a much less attractive luxury
when it becomes an unrecoverable expense coming out of your own pocket

Most people who are high enough up in the business world tend to have a
sufficiently high level command of English that I'm sure that the odd
occasion when there could be a misunderstanding could be flagged up and
further explanation given

The idea here is to reach out to those with neither that budget nor any
command of English.
--
Roland Perry