Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default One more question on trestle table.

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message

Hi Karl, considering this is going to be an outdoor picnic table, what

kind
of hardware would you recommend to attach the table top to the aligning
2x4's underneath? Essentially, the table top will be composed of 2"x6"
pieces, spaced approximately 1/8". I was thinking of using stainless steel
ring shanked nails. And considering this table is intended to be

dismantled,
I thought a few simple short lengths of 3/4" width dowel could be used to
align the table top when sitting on the legs.

Since it's going to be subject to dismantling, I would drill the appropriate
number of holes and use stove bolts w/washers to attach the 2 x 4 "spacers"
(mounted vertically) on the bottom of the table top, to the top of the
trestle assembly, as below.

The drilled holes should be sufficient for future aligning.

But, that's without benefit of seeing your design.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Attached Thumbnails
Looking for advise on trestle table.-removable-top-jpg