Posted to alt.home.repair
Zephyr Zephyr is offline

Default How do I inflate a tubeless wheelbarrow tire that fails to seal

On Jun 27, 9:10Â*am, " wrote:
On Jun 27, 8:46�am, Jim Conway wrote:

On Jun 27, 6:27�am, Phisherman wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 04:42:41 -0400, Irving Drinkwine

wrote:
I have a wheelbarrow that has a tubeless tire. �The tire went flat at
some point and sat that way for a while. �Now the tire is out of shape
and I cannot get it to hold air. �
Any suggestions on how to fix this short of buying a new tire/wb?
Put a tube in it show how perhaps?

Thanks
ID

Tie a rope around the tire and tighten with a tourniquet. �Quickly
fill the tire with air and it will self-seal.

I have the same deflation problem, but how exactly does the rope get
tied? Does it wrap around the circumference of the tire (i.e. the
tread if the tire were vertical) or does it get wrapped around the rim
and tire together (horizontal if the tire were vertical). Thanks!!!

around the tread area, then put something like a tire iron in the
rope, twist, reducing diameter of tire add air fast, no slow fill will
work.

if the tire went flat once it WILL again, add tube at real tire store,
for long term hassle free fix- Hide quoted text -

Spray some flamable liquid from a spray can ( wd40 or such) inside the
tire, hit it with a match, the expanding air will seal the tire,
just be sure not to catch the thing on fire. ( ed's note - ive never
done this, just heard about it being done)