Posted to alt.lasers,sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Identifying BD/HD optical pickup

" writes:

On Jun 24, 7:36 am, Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Can anyone identify a make and model for this pickup and/or player or burner
this may have originated?

The only markings on the PCB are "BD/HDP" and rev.

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/hddvd1.jpg

Thanks!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:http://www.repairfaq.org/

Awe, geez I feel like a putz It is a PS3 Blu-Ray pickup - assuming
that is the one I sent you ? I seem to recall in my, "hooray, he
fixed my Argon" euphoria some question from you - and I don't think
(obviously, now ) that I answered you. Sorry, Sam ! Let me know
if you need pinout info, current, etc !

It's not the same as the one you sent. The one you sent IS a PS2
pickup like the one at the top of this page:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/...e1/optics.html

The unknown pickup is the one further down the page.

It may indeed be compatible or a replacement, but it's not the usual
one that I'm familiar with.

Thanks!