Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Rod Rod is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

stuart noble wrote:

I disagree. The individual is responsible for their own healthcare
and should be minimising chance factors by checking out their
ailments, treatments, practitioners and facilities.

Not something sick people may feel like doing. Great for hypochondriacs
though.

Doctors are at best professional advisors.

Nice that they can play a minor part in Superman's decision making though

Indeed - sick people (especially the ones I am thinking about) have
found that the disease itself has caused thinking difficulties. That
plus transport problems (as already stated), plus unpredictability of
health (minute by minute let alone day by day or week by week), plus
lack of usable research information, plus lack of expertise (on the
patient's behalf), plus GMC cases preventing doctors from prescribing as
they might otherwise, plus lack of resources due to inability to work
(long term), plus NHS limitations on referrals, plus consultant
attitudes and, quite seriously gross incompetence and ignorance. OK -
I'll stop there.

DIY medicine is where it is at. Have just awarded myself an MB in
endocrinology... :-)

--
Rod

onset.