Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On 2008-06-27 12:00:24 +0100, magwitch said:

Chris Shore wrote:
"magwitch" wrote in message

Sorry to burst your balloon.

Sad, inexcusable and awful though those stories are, I am certain that
we could rehearse
just as many from within the NHS. I am aware of several myself.

Chris

Oh I'm sure they can and do happen to NHS patients, but these happened
entirely because of private treatment... in my mother's friend's case
because she had the cash to pay for what had already been ruled an
inappropriate (in her case) operation, and in mum's cousin's case
because he was in a private room, if he'd been on a NHS general post-op
ward, someone would have heard him fall over and he'd have been noticed
and treated almost immediately.

It's very easy to come up with anecdotes like this. Nothing is
without risk. What actually counts is outcome and that is a
statistical analysis, not an emotional one.