Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_2_] Lee Michaels[_2_] is offline

Default One more question on trestle table.

"Upscale" wrote

wrote in message
Well, you could use a different type of color of wood in the slot or
as I suggested cut a second piece with out a lost and just sandwich
the two pieces together with the rod running through the middle.

Yeah, I guess it doesn't have to be anything special. After all, it's
going
to be outdoors and experiencing considerable weathering. Although, now I'm
seriously considering Lee's suggestion of bed bolts which would simplify
things considerably.

It seems to me that some folks who sell wood bench plans and parts kits do
something like this. I know I have seen them somewhere but can't remember
where. It seemed to me that they were much more heavy duty than your
ordinary bed bolts.

And I have also seen picnic benches built with those steel straps you get at
the lumber yard. Again, the name excapes me. You know, those steel thingies
that come in a hundred different configurations to join wood together. It
ain't all that purty, but quick and sturdy. And most of the steel is
underneath where it won't be seen.