Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Help with 3-way light switch

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:10:27 -0700 (PDT), Techhead
wrote:

I had asked my father to re-sheetrock my kitchen ceiling. I had a
light fixture in the middle run by 3-way switches. He failed to re-
wire it correctly and now there is constant power to the light and
both switches don't work. The other problem is there are 4 wires
running into the light box and I have no clue how to re-wire this. Not
sure why there are 4 wires running into the ligh box on a 3-way
switch.

Actually, if you never messed with the switches just tell us how many
cables are in the light box and how many wires are in each cable.