Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Adhesive for chrome to glass ...

Norminn wrote:
wrote:

So I have this fancy modern, glass side table which has chrome legs.
The robot vac bumped one of the legs the other day and down the table
came; the leg-tabletop bond was obviously already compromised.
Fortunately, the glass table top didn't break. So I need a clear
adhesive for gluing the leg back on. I've heard the rear view mirror
glues from the autoparts stores aren't that great. Also read about 3M
5200. What's YOUR opinion?

TIA

I'd toss the robot vac AND the table in the trash.

The robot vacs are great cat exercisers, I'm told, better at that than
picking up dirt. Chrome'n'glass not my cup of tea (cue the line from
Cheers where Norm is giving decorating advice, and tells Frasier and
Lilith to put that chrome and glass thing in the Bay), but if you like
it, I'd load it in the car and take it TO the glass shop. Some of the
stuff they have in back room is much stronger than what civilians can
buy, plus they've done it before and know the tricks.

--
aem sends...