Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default Device to measure bulb brightness?

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2008 06:19:31 -0400, "John Grabowski"
wrote:

"Calab" wrote in message
With all the talk about CFLs, incandescent bulbs and LED bulbs I was
wondering... Is there a device that can be used to objectively measure
the brightness of a light? Something I can use to compare bulbs in my
home, auto headlights, flashlights, etc?

A light meter.

Correct, and for the OP, they are sold at camera stores.
Profesional photographers use them all the time. I'm sure you can
find them online too.

The OP didn't mention photography, so I doubt that he wants to measure
footcandles. He may mean lumens, or candlepower, or luminance. The pdf
link I posted is a good primer.

Getting blind here, but what .pdf-link was that? (I didn't see one.)

Thanks!

David