Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT-143 days

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:21:02 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"John R. Carroll" quickly quoth:

Apparently, and from your quote, the school was "predominantly
Muslim" and not a "Muslim" school or Madras.

A "predominantly Muslim school" _is_ a Muslim school John.

Muslim schools or Madras' are run by muslim religious orders in the same way
that Catholic parochial schools are run by Catholic religious orders.

And religion is pushed on you while there. I went to Trinity Cathedral
(an Episcopal school) in Little Rock in 2nd grade. They didn't push
much, 1/2 hour chapel IIRC, but there was an air of religion the whole
day through.

Since Islamic law comes directly from their religion, I'd be willing
to bet that a Muslim school pushes religion much more heavily. Sisters
with rulers ain't got nuttin' on dem. g And his father was Muslim,
providing more influence in his young, formative life.

Public high Schools here in the United States for example could not
realistically be refered to as "Christian" in spite of the fact that the
student body is made up overwhelmingly of "Christians".
You seem to be missing the point of your mischaractarization Larry. The only
point you could ossibly want to make is that Barak Obama has terrorist
associations of some sort.

The man said, in print, that he went to a predominantly Muslim school.
Who the hell are we to argue with him?

Why not just say that instead of making misleading and untrue
pronouncements?

Because that's not true. I had intimated that I mistrust/have doubts
about the man due to his background. Now I've stated it in clear
English. Ya grok?

That
adjective is merely the legal weasel's way of saying "absolutely
everyone but me", I'm sure. His father was Muslim, he went to school
for awhile in a Muslim school, and I'm sure he has some Muslim
beliefs, whether or not he shares them openly in the Christian-
controlled West. While we're in a war with Muslims, I'm not too comfy
with a person with his upbringing.

See my comment above.
Also, we aren't in a "war" with anyone, certainly not Muslims Larry. We are
suffering from the hangover of cowardice.
Nothing more.

Oh, right. It's a "civil action" with 3k+ dead, similar to the "police
action" of Vietnam. My mistake.

If we're not at war with terrorists, -all- of whom seem to be fanatic
fundamentalist Muslims, what do you want to call it? BTW, I'm not
anti-Muslim, I'm anti-fundamentalist and anti-terrorist. What bugs me
is that I'm _not_ sure that Obama isn't one of them. He bothers me on
many levels, one of which is that (given the few sound bites I've
heard of him) he sounds and acts just like a black version of Slick
Willie. Scary.

Please explain your phrase "hangover of cowardice."

[read this sig, please]

I did and there is another wording of the same sentiment that I prefer. As
it happens, I couldn't agree more.

Bueno, bwana.

I'm not sure exactly what a President Obama would end up meaning nor am I
sure how a President McCain would play out.

Unfortunately, neither am I. Once again, we're faced with making a
decision for President who is the lesser of two possible evils.

I'm convinced of is - the
chances of getting to the bottom of 8 years of a Republican administration
that has elevated themselves, men, to a position above the law in a country
founded on the principals of equal justice under the law and one law for all
men is a bigger issue than Barak Obama's fantasy Muslim life or education.

Both are extremely important issues to be dealt with, and SOON!

--
Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom.
--Chinese Proverb