Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher Maytag

"ythread" wrote in message
you have expensive taste

It certainly was. About $110 0IIRC.

We had a kitchen aid in the house when we bought it it worked better than
any d/w i've seen. So when it broke i went to get a new one but the
repairman that looked at our old one said for the money GE was a better
value. I guess kitchen aid isn't made by the same company anymore. He said
they (KA) are still good but not what they used to be. He looked at our
old one like it was a vintage dw. It did work better than the GE. But the
GE was around $300. I could get 3 KAs for that price. So far I've had the
GE for around 6 months with no problem . Quiet and does a reasonably good
job. I really need quiet because my kitchen is open into the living room.

Many years ago, KA was built by Hobart and was top notch. They were spun
off and indepndent for a while. Today they are owned by Whirlpool and
maintain at least a little of their own identity on the outside, but I don'
tknow about the inside.

Our first refrigerator was a Frigidaire, a division of General Motors. Now
it is just a brand name by Elecrtrolux but has been whored about for a
number of years. White and Westinghouse became White-Westinghouse, and got
together with Edison Electric, Gibson, Norge, Crosley and a few others.