Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Cell Phone -- What remains wet?

msg wrote in
news
Jim Yanik wrote:

snip
I used to use the auto dishwasher trick at the Orlando TEK field
office,on 2236 DMM boards,cured many leakage problems.used
Calgonite,BTW.

And we had a drying oven that had a negative pressure inside.

The TEK field office in St. Paul used to clean 500 series gear amongst
other things in a sort of dishwasher and also had the drying oven; was
this equipment standardized amongst the field offices?

Michael

Heh,I washed down a lot of 500 series tube scopes!
It made a big difference,too.

well,everybody seems to have had different equipment for the task.
I had to persuade the Orlando manager to ship the old wash/spray booth from
the closed TEK-Indianapolis office,and their drying ovens were from
different manufacturers.Some TEK field offices had NO wash/dry facilities.
(moot point now;they're all closed.)

I had to take boards home to run through MY dishwasher.
I didn't know of any TEK offices that had a auto dishwasher.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik