Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Electrician Costs? Installing a ceiling fan with newelectrical box.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:48:46 -0700, Johndagolfer wrote:

Hi all,

I need to hire an electrician to install 2 ceiling fans in my house.

Master bedroom: There is access in a crawlspace for this room through
the closet access panel
Living room: There is no access here.

Both rooms appear to not have any preexisting hook ups.

Not including the fan how much should this job cost?

For just the master I have been quoted 253 labor only and probbably much
more for the downstairs.

What do you guys think?

Ask for 3 bids and recommendations then take your pick. Hiring trades
people is not always cheap, but at least you have a good shot at getting
it done correctly.

The alternative would be to do it yourself and possibly learn something
along the way. It's not difficult to run wire and put in new fans. Just
takes some planning and common sense.

Franz Fripplfrappl