Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Max Harding vk3jin Max Harding vk3jin is offline

Default Akai Analog TV - Problem with Remote

Robert wrote:
I have an Akai TV (Model CT-2167AT) which I've had for 11 years. It's still
working 100% and I want to keep using it as I'm happy with it - furthermore
it was a gift from my parents. The only problem I have is that some buttons
on the remote are no longer working, and I'm pretty certain it can't be
properly fixed.

I've had it fixed one time in the past and it didn't work for long
afterwards. I could cope without the remote but the buttons on the TV are so
small that it's just to difficult to operate it without the remote. I tried
a couple of universal remotes but they didn't work. Can anybody suggest
something to fix this problem without changing the TV.

Regards - Paul

Give richard a call at Television Replacements 03 9850-4144
he has a lot of old Akai remotes.He is Akai Agent.