Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT-143 days

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:49:52 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"John R. Carroll" quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:44:26 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

Do I have this straight?

His father was a black African Muslim from Kenya.

[snip]

Wow. Is this your writing? Nice set of talking points either way.

Wes

It's not Tom's writing. It's a pack of mostly lies that's
circulating on all the right-wing hate sites.

For example, I've seen several photos of Obama's American family.
They probably don't show them on Faux News, so the righties don't
see them. g

Obama attended both a public and a Catholic school in Indonesia.
Neither one was a "Muslim" school.

From http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp I quote:

In his 2006 book, IThe Audacity of Hope/I, Obama elaborated on his
early schooling, explaining that he attended both Catholic and Muslim
schools in Indonesia — not out of any particular religious
affiliation, but because his mother wanted him to obtain the best
education possible under the circumstances:

"During the five years that we would live with my stepfather in
Indonesia, I was sent first to a neighborhood Catholic school and then
to a predominantly Muslim school; in both cases, my mother was less
concerned with me learning the catechism or puzzling out the meaning
of the muezzin's call to evening prayer than she was with whether I
was properly learning my multiplication tables."

In his own words, Bama confesses to attending a Muslim school.

Not exactly and I'm surprixed at your conciet Larry.

WTF,O? g Conceit? He's the audacious one.

Apparently, and from your quote, the school was "predominantly Muslim" and
not a "Muslim" school or Madras.

A "predominantly Muslim school" _is_ a Muslim school John. That
adjective is merely the legal weasel's way of saying "absolutely
everyone but me", I'm sure. His father was Muslim, he went to school
for awhile in a Muslim school....

Hey, Larry, when I was a little kid, initially in public school, we recited
the Lord's Prayer at the start of the day. Does that mean it was a Christian
school?

--
Ed Huntress