Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Silverfish infestation?

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:42:43 -0700, wrote:

How many silverfish must you see in order for it to be called an
"infestation"? Years ago I saw them frequently in the summer, but never
in the winter. In recent years, I've seen them in the winter too
(although not as frequently in the summer) - must be global warming. In
the summer, I see maybe an average of 2-3 per day around the house. Not
that I'm actively searching for them, so there's probably a bunch that I
don't see crawling around. Is it normal to see them everyday?

A few times in the last few weeks, I have even been woken up suddenly by
a ticklish feeling on my arm, to find a silverfish crawling on me!

Destroy habitat and they should go away. There are pesticides that
should create a barrier for these and other pests. Go to a garden center
and start reading labels.

http://doyourownpestcontrol.com/silverfish.htm seems to be as good a
source as any for info.

Franz Fripplfrappl