Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Forstner bits

"Jason" wrote

birch ply. Since I had the forstner bit out and I remembered your post,
I chucked it up in my dewalt drill afterwards.

So.. my answer is "No, they ain't ment to be used in a drill."

Sharpen the one you have, or buy yourself a better bit.

I routinely use forstner bits in hand drills with no problem ... everything
from drilling holes in kitchen cabinets for electrical/plumbing pathways
during installation, to more delicate jobs like drilling depressions for
figure 8 fasteners in the edge of table aprons.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08