Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hactar Hactar is offline

Default seeking air compressor recommendations

In article ,
Tom Gardner wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Hactar" wrote in message
news I'm looking for an air compressor, either tankless or with a small tank
("pancake" style?). It'll be used to inflate wheelchair tires (60 psi)
and run small things like a drill. No 12V kit please; I won't be near a
battery. Any recommendations or antirecommendations? Brands or
features I should look for? Why would I prefer tankless or tanked?

Get a cordless drill, an air drill takes a LOT of air. Convert a BBQ propane
tank for air and fill it at the gas station, that will fill a bunch of little
tires.

Um, perhaps buy a portable air tank intended for the use, rather than
converting a BBQ tank.

You're no fun. Propane tanks are usually free, add $20 in fittings and it's
BETTER than a commercial air tank.

Where do you get them for free? Unless you flush it, you run the risk
of inflating your tires with a propane-air mixture.

What I'll probably do is get a dinky electric pump for tire inflation
(slow, within reason, is fine), and an electric drill. Going for a
pneumatic drill would cost me way too much for the compressor.

--
-eben P http://royalty.mine.nu:81
GEMINI: Your birthday party will be ruined once again by your explosive