Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT-143 days

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

Do I have this straight?

His father was a black African Muslim from Kenya.

[snip]

Wow. Is this your writing? Nice set of talking points either way.

Wes

It's not Tom's writing. It's a pack of mostly lies that's circulating on
all the right-wing hate sites.

For example, I've seen several photos of Obama's American family. They
probably don't show them on Faux News, so the righties don't see them.

Obama attended both a public and a Catholic school in Indonesia. Neither
one was a "Muslim" school.

And so on, and on, and on. Snopes goes into this stuff in detail. The
right-wing slime machine is in top gear, cranking out this stuff for
people like you to believe without question. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Not my verbiage but, Obama has some serious credibility and background and
lack of background problems that eliminate him from consideration in
November even if he was the Republican candidate and McCain was the
Democrat...unless one takes a BIG gulp of the Kool-Aid. Thirsty Ed!

Well, Tom, I sure wouldn't expect you to vote for him. It wouldn't matter
what he had accomplished; you'd find a reason not to vote for anyone that
someone else called "liberal." And I don't think it would matter much who
made the accusation.

And you have a lot of company. As it is, though, you don't have enough
company to reverse the polls. This may be a close election and it still
could go either way. But you won't have any part of it. Neither will Cliff,
Clay, Gunner, Larry, or most of the other people here. They could hand out
your ballots right now, let you vote, and be done with it.

This election will be decided by the center. And those of us in the center
are making up our own minds. The kind of cut-and-paste political arguments
that you posted here are summarily rejected because you don't know if any of
it is true; I doubt if you even went to Snopes to check out those claims.
That's the politics that many of us in the center now reject out-of-hand.
It's the old stuff, which gave us G.W. Bush, monstrous deficits, a war whose
damage to this country won't be repaired in my lifetime [which may not be
all that long d8-)], and an attitude of despair that permeates the whole
country. We're about to bury those old-time attitudes for at least a
generation to come.

Whichever way the center votes, it will be a rejection of the ideologues.
The liberals had their run and the conservatives did too. Both of you are
failures. Now it's time for a fresh look and some shaking up of the old
guard. Obama may be the most likely person to do it in a couple of
generations. Or maybe not. We'll be watching to see, between now and
November, and you and the other partisans will have nothing to do with how
we decide.

--
Ed Huntress