Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Looking for advise on trestle table.

Upscale wrote:
"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
No floating tenons. What I'm trying to describe (poorly) is to cut half
of the through mortise in each of two pieces that will make up each
horizontal member of the pedestals - essentially a lap joint cut. Then,
glue these two pieces together with the lap joint cuts facing each other
producing a through mortise. The tenons would be as long as the width
of the material with the lap joints/mortise.

I think I understand, but I'm not absolutely sure. Let me draw what I'm
visualizing by your suggestion and upload it and you can tell me if I got it
or not.

Here's the idea done with sketchup .099 :-)

Attached Thumbnails
Looking for advise on trestle table.-pedestal-jpeg