Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Akai Analog TV - Problem with Remote

On 25 jun, 04:01, "Robert" wrote:
I have an Akai TV (Model CT-2167AT) which I've had for 11 years.

Odds are this set uses an ITT Nokia chassis . try using the universal
remote codes listed for those brands. you can pick up very cheap
universal remotes now, so it is worth a try before splashing out.

for repairing duff remotes, I do the following
-dismantle, using knife down side. remove pcb.
-half fill a basin with soapy warm-hot water, place upper shell and
rubber pad into it.
-using an old toothbrush, with soap on, clean the upper shell of the
remote and the rubber pad. there is usually grease which needs to be
fully removed from the crannies in the rubber pads.
-give the pcb a once-over with a baby wipe to remove grease.
-dry and reassemble

this has worked 90% of the time.
-B