Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
daestrom daestrom is offline

Default Home Depot Annouces CFL Recycling Programme

wrote:
In alt.engineering.electrical Paul M. Eldridge
wrote:

For all the panty-waists out there who whine about CFLs containing
mercury and, in particular, those who oppose the use of energy saving
lamps and advocate the construction of more coal-fired plants
instead:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/bu...ef=environment

What about long tube fluorescent lights that I also refuse to put in
my home
for the same reason?

Will they come out and do a full EPA-grade cleanup if a CFL (or FL)
breaks?

I've found tubes that are especially low mercury. So low, they are approved
for common trash disposal.

daestrom