Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Constitutionality of light bulb ban questioned - EnvironmentalProtection Agency must be called for a broken bulb

On Jun 21, 8:20*pm, wrote:

As long as all nations are on a level playing field, this would be so. *But
it is a fact that most nations outside the USA have governments playing a
hand in the economies.

This sounds really odd north of that 'longest undefended' border.
Where the USA, rightly or wrongly has a reputation of being one of the
most protectionist states in the Americas; whether it is cheaper
lettuce from say Chile or taxing imports from elsewhere to 'protect'
US industry/agriculture or lumber!
Maybe where defence is involved one can understand; the 'Eurofighter'
may be a better aircraft but it may be better to have Boeing or
Northrupp actually make them???
But the signs are there; other nations are going their own way and
depending less on imports/exports from/to the USA as they diversify
and rationalize their own industries and agriculture etc.
BTW we use cheap light bulbs; about one dollar per pack of four
(including our federal sales tax of about 13%) for 40, 60 or 100
watts, in part for heating. Our small bathroom heater rarely cuts in
when the six 40 watters (total $1.50) above the vanity are on. And the
el cheapo bulbs last for ages.
Works fine because we never need (or even own) Air Conditioning.