Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amandaF amandaF is offline

Default What should I do with my metal scrap?

On Jun 25, 11:20 am, Winston wrote:
amandaF wrote:
I have an auger made of aluminum - it is a part of a meat grinder -
that got oxidized inside and out; the company replaced it for me.

The whole machine weighs 8 lbs so WAG the auger at say 0.5 lbs?
Half a pound times U$0.36 is about 18c worth of aluminum.

Those brass bells are worth U$1.14 per pound if you have less
than a truckload of them. One or more truckloads would net you
about U$76,000 per. Do you have at least 40,000 pounds of brass
bells?

http://www.scrapindex.com/metal/

Perhaps your artist friend can create something with the
materials you mention. Both aluminum and brass can be polished
to a very shiny finish or painted or oxidized for example.

--Winston

I meant the brass bell things for my friend. But then, you are right,
she might want the other stuff too but she is very busy trying to
create an event in her community and so she probbaly won't bother
with the auger thing. I'll give it away.