Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default What should I do with my metal scrap?

amandaF wrote:
I have an auger made of aluminum - it is a part of a meat grinder -
that got oxidized inside and out; the company replaced it for me.

The whole machine weighs 8 lbs so WAG the auger at say 0.5 lbs?
Half a pound times U$0.36 is about 18c worth of aluminum.

Those brass bells are worth U$1.14 per pound if you have less
than a truckload of them. One or more truckloads would net you
about U$76,000 per. Do you have at least 40,000 pounds of brass
bells?

http://www.scrapindex.com/metal/

Perhaps your artist friend can create something with the
materials you mention. Both aluminum and brass can be polished
to a very shiny finish or painted or oxidized for example.

--Winston