Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman Bruce L. Bergman is offline

Default painting old trailer

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:58:38 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I only have a30 gallon 110 volt compresser. Can I even sandblast or
run a paint gun with that? I was thinking of brushing on the paint.

I repeat - *FAN BASED* HVLP gun, has a vacuum cleaner blower inside
a case with a big air filter to feed the gun.

You need an honest 5 HP compressor to run a conventional pressure
fed spray gun for long periods, and you ain't getting that out of a
120V receptacle. But that HVLP blower can go all day.

Campbell Hausfeld made a nice one, I used it to paint a steel shed
when the first coat of primer took forever and looked like (excrement)
after applying it with a roller.

If you don't want to buy, look into renting.

-- Bruce --