Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mail@atics.co.uk is offline

Default Tanalised timber - colour?

On 25 Jun, 01:44, John Rumm wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Chris, please, please, please find the time to add your knowledge of timber
preservation to the group Wiki thingy (John Rumm knows what I mean).

Yup, I would second that... (Chris' post from the other day regarding
durability of various timber species would make a good article as well).

There is already a (funny) wood rot article:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Wood_Rot

and a more serious one:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?..._Preservatives

That lacks anything on pressure treated timber and similar processes.
Perhaps a new section would be handy?

If you fancy adding some stuff, then just hit the edit link at the top
of the page to add stuff - note that due to previous issues with
spamming, this particular article is protected from anonymous edits -
you need to log in first to edit this one, you can create an account if
required. Alternatively if you prefer to leave wiki editing to others,
just post the article here and someone will copy it over for you.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

Dear John
As you may realise, I run a business (name and address witheld!)as a
consultant in timber biodeterioration with particular reference to
historic buildings and litigation mainly about dry rot, but for the
last 11 months have put it on hold as I have been working on designing
and installing a heat pump in Anglesey for SWIMBO's house which I do
not own. That has meant I have been away from my office in London for
all but about 7 days of the last 11 months and working on this major
project which involved largely a rebuild. 12 to 16 hour days and up
to 6 chaps on site none of whom have the slightest clue as to what a
critical path analysis is or can plan for more than a few hours in
advance! (the builder was partly administered by the architect who
visited about once a month and thus had free reign to come (or not!)
and go as he liked depending on his other jobs. It overan by 52 weeks
on a 20 week contract - yes that makes 72 weeks!) I say all this to
explain that I cannot take time to write a proper article with the
appropriate references that is accurate and up to date until probably
next September when the project will be finished and I have returned
back to London. Happy to do it then
In the meantime feel free to add any bon mots to the FAQ but not to
wikipedia until I have made sure of my accuracy and tidied it up

If I do get a moment I will most certainly try to use your link but at
present I am back in London on an expert opinon for the Construction
Court with deadlines and only here until 10th July when I go back to
Anglesey.
Chris