Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dubosky[_2_] Dan Dubosky[_2_] is offline

Default Cell Phone -- What remains wet?

"mike" wrote in message news:tUg8k.29$od.22@trnddc07...
It's not just the water. it's the other stuff that's already on the
board.
Flux residue, electrolyte leaking out of caps, glues used in the assembly
process. Whether or not the final inspector belched on it,
Whether the cat peed on or near it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and
suggest that water is never the problem. It's what is in the water
that causes the grief. Water just ionizes it and makes it mobile.

--

Good point, Mike. There may have been something on the cell phone board
that was not on my experimental board. I did however scrub the cell phone