Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Tanalised timber - colour?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

You can also tell that they don't really know what they are selling.
Pressure treating is not the same as dipping in terms of penetration
of the preservative.

I noticed that as well. Are they dipped or pressure treated?

However, I suppose that one might argue that it
won't make much difference with DIY store fence panels with boards not
much thicker than your Rizla papers.

We have a good local fencing place and they make all their own stuff
(including posts and gravel boards). They seem to just dip[1] panels
rather than pressure treat, but it does not seem to have reduced the
life of any of them. Ones I replaced 12 years ago with feather edge
close boarded (made with proper aris rail), are still as solid as when
new. The colour has faded somewhat.

[1] The lass who runs the place says you can return them at any time to
have them re-dipped at no charge if you want!

--
Cheers,

John.