Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Inexpensive but worthwhile wirefeed?

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 05:29:37 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 02:31:43 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

I have a Lincoln SP125 Plus welder. It is a great machine that I
bought used for $250.00. I think the welder that Lincoln now makes
that is equivilant is the SP140 Plus. Anyway, if you can find one
used, either the SP125 Plus or the SP135 Plus, that might just be the
way to go. Make sure they are the PLUS model.

Why only the PLUS model, Eric?

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren

Greetings Larry,
The PLUS model has the infinite voltage and wire speed adjustment. At
least the 125 Plus model does. And that makes a HUGE difference in
welding capacity. I can adjust to get the most out of the little
machine. From the thinnest to the thickest the machine will weld. I
currently run 5 types of wire. They are inner shield, mig, ss mig,
aluminum mig, and silicon bronze mig.
Eric