Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Constitutionality of light bulb ban questioned - Environmental Protection Agency must be called for a broken bulb

Don Klipstein wrote:
In article , HeyBub
wrote in part:

What difference does it make if we release more carbon? At the
current level of 0.003% of the atmosphere,

Make that .038% by volume, .0575% by weight.

Ah, right. Thanks for the correction.

a doubling would be virtually undetecable -
except for plants who would say "Yum!"

Current level of CO2 accounts for anywhere from 9 to 26% of
current "greenhouse effect" (warming of the planet from a level that
would exist if not for any greenhouse gases at all including water
vapor).

How well have plants fared now that atmospheric CO2 content is about
36% above pre-industrial-revolution levels? It appears to me that the
limiting factors are water, daylight and favorable temperatures more
than CO2 content in the atmosphere.

36% above pre-industrial-revolution levels mean that the former levels
constituted about 0.029% of the atmosphere. So, during the time that CO2
levels increased beyond a level detectable to an agrarian society, we've
gone to the moon, eradicated many diseases, trebled our life expectancy, and
invented pop-top beer containers.

In my view, the progress was worth it. Others may differ.