Mark

Default rubber protectors

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 19:20:46 +0000 (UTC), brixton mcfarlane
wrote:

I live in an old house with a narrow driveway entrance. On each side are
stone pillars and this morning I managed to scrape my bumper on one getting
the car in (situation not helped by the fact that I have to turn 90 degrees
straight afterwards). Pain in the arse so please feel free to have a little
schadenfreude at my expense...

What I'd like to do is put some rubber protection on the pillars so if I hit
them in the future I'll just get a few rubber marks rather than lose
paintwork.

Anybody know where I can source such a thing? TIA.

I've had the same idea after doing exactly the same thing on the old
gate post (smashed down vigorously with a hammer afterwards).

I've my eye on some of the trunking that is used for cables in offices
that go across floors. Cut the underside and then put the cables
inside it then it sits on the floor like a mini speed hump.

Let me know if some of that would be any use and I'll sort you some
out. I was planning on bolting it around the edges of my new metal
gate posts. It's fairly heavy stuff so should not need too many
fasteners to support it (no bolts sticking out then).

Mark S.