Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] Bromley86@googlemail.com is offline

Default Tanalised timber - colour?

On 24 Jun, 08:00, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * " writes:

What colour should tanalised timber fence panels be straight from the
supplier? *They're the feather edged variety, not lap.

A neighbout had some installed and they're a faded orange. *I was
pretty sure that tanalised (Tanalith E) stuff is green, which seems to
be confirmed by the manufacturers:
http://www.archchemicals.com/Fed/WOO..._DS_OCT_02.pdf

So I was a bit surprised when my tanaliased panels arrived and they're
that faded orange colour too. *Should they be green?

IME (of my neighbour's fence), these blow to pieces in the wind
before they rot in the rain, so I'm not sure I would bother paying
extra for ones which don't rot so fast.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks, but that really shouldn't be a problem with a feather edge/
closeboard panel. Perhaps you're thinking of the orange lap panels
from the DIY stores? It's the similarily in colour between these and
those that's worrying me, as I assumed the store ones were just tank
dipped rather than pressure treated.