Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Buying USED tools

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
news
In general, would you consider buying used power tools if the usage is for
one project and after that would be rare and occasional use?

By means of used tools I mean something that is previously used and "look"
beat up like those people sell on ebay. I don't mean original
manufacturer reconditioned tools.

What are some pros and cons? To me if it's cordless I am worried about
the battery.

And if you would consider it, what would a reasonable price point be? I
have seen a new tool with free shipping on Amazon for $150.00 and someone
is offering an equivalent tool that is all beat up with no battery no case
no manual and it went to $79 with $30 shipping seems totally out of line
to me.

MC

For one time project, I'll buy new tools at Harbor Freight - cheap enough.
Given enough time those one time projects usually turn out into multiple
projects.

I will buy used tools, stationary power tools in particular, as some of the
old stuff are better quality and will last forever.