Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Tim is offline

Default Question about wiring a 9 pin input for a computer sub (serial port??)

In article ,
says...
Is this 9 pin input called a 'serial port'? I'm not very smart about
computers, but I'm a soldering champ and pretty keen on modifying
stuff...

Speakers do not connect to serial ports.

I would guess that the 9 pin port going to the right speaker has the
control lines for power and volume on it. Most of the time the right
speaker has those controls for the speaker setup.

Just because it's a 9 pin d-sub connector, doesn't mean it's a serial
port.

- Tim -